- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 14-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 2/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
Sunday, November 24, 2013
CUCUMBER BLACK-EYED PEA SALAD
Whisk oil, lemon juice, oregano and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Add cucumber, black-eyed peas, bell pepper, feta, onion and olives; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Note: This is a recipe I got from a health newsletter. I love it because I love cucumbers and I love black-eyed peas. If you don't like black-eyed peas substitute a can of garbanzo beans or white kidney beans.
Hint: Living in the South, I know how important it is to have black-eyed peas on New Year's Day! This would be a good way to have them!