Sunday, April 28, 2013

HOT SAUSAGE CASSEROLE FROM CAMPBELLS


As stated in the title, I got this recipe from Campbell's Foods.  Since it is a Campbell's recipe I am printing it as I got it.  However, I do add a drained small can of mushroom stems and pieces and I use brown rice.  Frankly I suggest you always use brown rice (you may need to add 5 minutes to the baking time) as it is a whole-grain food which is much healthier for you.  I also use low-fat and/or fat-free soups.  I have listed this recipe here because it is "quick fix" even though it bakes for an hour.


pound bulk hot Italian pork sausage 
large green pepper, chopped (about 1 cup) 
large onion, chopped (about 1 cup) 
stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup) 
cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice 
cans (10 3/4 ounces eachCampbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup 
can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup 
Vegetable cooking spray 


  • 1
    Cook the sausage in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat. Stir the pepper, onion, celery, rice, soups and 1 can of water in the skillet.
  • 2
    Spray a 3-quart casserole with the cooking spray. Spoon the sausage mixture into the casserole. Bake at 400°F. covered for 45 minutes. Remove cover, stir and cook 15 minutes more.


    Yield: 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.